Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Training Week in Review

This was a recovery week after Gulf Coast. I took it a bit easy, but still got some good workouts in. Recovery is just as important as training. I took an easy recovery run on Tuesday and used that time to recount Gulf Coast stories and talk about future races while on the group run. I pushed it during spin class. This was an interval workout with full recovery between sets. I got my heart rate higher than I have in the past and showed me what I'm capable of doing when I focus. I was also able to control my heart rate and hit a specific heart rate at a specific time. That's going to help on race day. Ran hills on Friday and did a tempo pace on Saturday. I was able to run sub 8:00 /mile pace for the entire distance. The first time, but it was a flat course. It reminded me what I should have been able to run at Gulf Coast if I had gotten my nutrition right. Recovery week is over, time to start the hard work again.

Date Day Activity
05/08/11 Sunday Rest & Beach Time!
05/09/11 Monday More Beach Time & Drive Home
05/10/11 Tuesday Run - 7 Mile Recovery Run
05/11/11 Wednesday Spin Class - Intervals
05/12/11 Thursday Rest
05/13/11 Friday Run - 6 Miles
05/14/11 Saturday Run - 8.4 Miles

I'm going to do a separate post on my nutrition at Gulf Coast and some things I've learned since then in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment