Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Training Week in Review

This was a really easy week. Good thing I'm tapering. Not much to say, but I'm feeling good about each leg of this race. It's when I put all 3 together that I start worrying a bit. Specifically, fuel & nutrition during the race. It seems that I'm not taking in enough calories to fuel long workouts. I felt drained during an 80 mile ride a couple weeks ago and it had to do with not consuming enough calories. So now I'm totally reevaluating my nutrition on the bike. I'll need to take in more calories to not only sustain the 56 mile bike ride, but get me at least half way through the run. I'll be taking gels on the run, but I'll need some additional calories to feel strong when I first start out on the run. As I write this today, I'm only a 4 days away and I still need to pack and I've got a ton of stuff going on between now and when I hit the road on Thursday. Feeling pumped, but also starting to feel a little stressed. Anyway, I'll post something in a day or two before I head out of town.

Date Day Activity
04/24/11 SundayRest
04/25/11 Monday 2500 Meter Swim
04/26/11 Tuesday 7.1 Mile Run
04/27/11 Wednesday 1 Hour Spin Class
04/28/11 Thursday 20 Miles - Intervals
20 Minute Brick
04/29/11 Friday 8.4 Mile Run
04/30/11 Saturday Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment