Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Training Week in Review

The week started off with the Peachtree Road Race. I had a tough weekend workout and I didn't expect any significant results on Monday's race. I didn't taper, I just trained through it and considered the 10k a tempo paced training run. My only goal was to finish under 50 minutes. I got 49:09, so I'm very happy with that.  I'm a little disappointed in myself for not getting more swim time in this week. I was planning on it and I got hung up with a project I was working on and was running 15 minutes late for practice. If they kept the pool open longer on Fridays, I would have gone and stayed longer, but I choose to skip it if I couldn't get a full hour in. Saturday's long run ended up being tough. I kept up with the fast group for 8 miles and then dialed it back down for 2 miles and then headed out on my own to get the additional 3. As the temperature rose and my energy level dropped, those last 3 miles proved harder than I expected. I'm going to have to learn to slow down and pace myself better. Sunday's ride was more of a recovery ride. My legs were still tired from Saturday's run, so I took it easy while trying to maintain consistency. I was able to do that, but I feel I could have pushed harder. I also experimented with my nutrition and I think I was at the bottom end of calorie intake. Only 135 calories/hour. I've been as high as 400 and have found that I need to be between 230-270. Maybe that contributed to my slow pace, but I didn't feel exhausted.

Date Day Activity
07/04/11 Monday Race - Peachtree Road Race 10k
07/05/11 Tuesday Recovery
07/06/11 Wednesday Spin - 1 Hour
07/07/11 Thursday Swim - 2200 Meters
07/08/11 Friday Recovery
07/09/11 Saturday Run - 13 Miles
07/10/11 Sunday Bike - 63 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment