Monday, September 19, 2011

Training Week in Review

Tapering this week and saw the potential I have for my upcoming Half Ironman. Weather has been a bit cooler lately and it's really helping me on my runs. Despite that I'm supposed to be tapering my runs have been really fast and I'm not running in HR zone 5 either.

We had power problems at our regular swim facility, so no practice. Instead I went to another facility and swam 2500 meters. I did some speed sets, but the majority was on endurance. Tuesday's run was fast, 8:12 average with hills. I felt really good. I was going to do a couple sets of intervals on the bike Wednesday, but saw a lot of my team mates out there and that motivated me to do a lot more. I really pushed it on the bike and then did a 20 minute brick. Even after those intervals, I was still able to run a sub 8 min/mile pace. I took Thursday & Friday off. Saturday was an easy 40 mile spin kind of day on the bike. I did a 30 minute brick after the bike. Legs felt sluggish at first but within 1/4 mile my legs were turning over quickly. I got in a 7:15 min/mile average and was even running sub 7 minutes during the last 1/2 mile. I did 10 miles on Sunday. I started out at an 8:30 min/mile pace until mile 6. Then I started to pick up the pace and finished with an 8:18 min/mile average. If I can get my nutrition on the bike right, the run is going to be my strongest leg. Obviously the cooler weather has helped. I'm hoping the cool weather continues through race day.

Date Day Activity
09/12/11 Monday Swim - 2500 Meters
09/13/11 Tuesday Run - 7 Miles
09/14/11 Wednesday Bike - 35 Miles
Run - 20 Minute Brick
09/15/11 Thursday Rest
09/16/11 Friday Rest
09/17/11 Saturday Bike - 40 Miles
09/18/11 Sunday Run- 10 Miles
Swim - Open Water ~ 1800 Yards

No comments:

Post a Comment