Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Training Week in Review

This was a relatively light week. I didn't do as long as a ride as I had hoped. Only 32 miles instead of 48. However, I did push hard and made sure that it was a hard effort. Wednesday was a Lactate Threshold test on the spin bike. Still having trouble raising my heart rate. I ended with 4 beats lower than the previous test 6 weeks ago (160 vs 164). It should have been higher. It's possible that I wasn't as well rested based on the hard effort from my Tuesday night run. As a result, I skipped the swim after spin class. Thursday's swim was short, but I concentrated on the mechanics and breathing. I think I figured out the breathing. I've been taking these huge gulps of air, but if I take short shallow breaths, I feel more relax. Of course that's not under a short race effort.  Moved my long run from Saturday to Friday. Based on the schedule, I'm tapering for the half marathon in a couple weeks. Weight remained consistent between 147 & 148. Maybe I've leveled off. I'll have to wait and see what happens the next couple of weeks.

Date Day Activity
02/27/11 Sunday 32 mile bike & 20 minute brick - Cartersville
02/28/11 Monday 1650 Meter Swim
03/01/11 Tuesday 7.3 mile run
03/02/11 Wednesday 1 Hour Spin Class
03/03/11 Thursday 1 Hour Spin Class
1000 Meter Swim - Endurance
03/04/11 Friday 8 mile run
03/05/11 Saturday Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment