Sunday, March 27, 2011

Training Week in Review

This was a recovery week after the Publix GA Half Marathon. I didn't feel quite as sore as I did after the Atlanta Half Marathon last November, but it's taking a while to get my legs feeling fresh again. Both of my runs this week were easy recovery runs, but Tuesday's felt tough just maintaining a 9 minute pace. It was a relatively flat route, but is anything really flat here in Atlanta. So not as hilly as the route I've been running, but hilly enough to hate hills again. Just when I thought I was loving hills. I'm sure I like them again once my legs are back up to speed. I had a great swim on Monday and I think my speed picked up over the last couple of months. By Wednesday, I was feeling fatigued and took it easy on the swim. I also took Thursday off from swimming. I was working on a project and it was a convenient excuse to blow off the pool. Friday's 8 mile run was better on the legs. I kept an easy pace and maintained my heart rate just below LT. I had a photo shoot early on Saturday, which is why I moved my run to Friday. So no training on Saturday. I already looked over this week's schedule and it's going to be packed. Recovery week is over. Time to get back into training mode.

Date Day Activity
03/20/11 Sunday Publix GA Half Marathon 13.1
03/21/11 Monday 2200 Meter Swim
03/22/11 Tuesday 7.25 mile recovery run
03/23/11 Wednesday 1 Hour Spin Class
800 meter Swim
03/24/11 Thursday Rest
03/25/11 Friday 8 mile run
03/26/11 Saturday Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment