Monday, April 4, 2011

Training Week in Review

After the previous recovery week, it was time to ramp up the training again. We did some timed swims Monday night and I have definitely improved my swim time. My arms were fried by the end of the night. Did the normal hilly route for Tuesday night and I didn't bring any hydration this time. I did hydrate before hand, but I wanted to see how I performed without any on the run. I still maintained a fast time compared to previous weeks, but I felt thirsty towards the end and I slowed my pace. Had I brought fluids with me, I think my pace would have remained constant and even faster than previous runs. I've been working on endurance swims and I can feel the difference. My breathing technique is getting better and I'm more conscious of my body position and can correct it when it doesn't feel right. Saturday was the longest I've ever run, 14.4 miles. It wasn't a fast pace, but a comfortable pace that I maintained throughout the entire run. I picked up the pace on the last mile and really pushed it the last quarter mile. I felt really good, got some Mix1 for recovery and additional protein when I got home. Looks like my weight has stabilized at 146-147. I'm not trying to loose any additional weight. Right now, I'm just making sure I take in enough calories to fuel my workouts. I'm done with the weight loss phase, I'm now moving into the building strength and endurance phase.

Date Day Activity
03/27/11 Sunday Rest
03/28/11 Monday 1800 Meter Swim
03/29/11 Tuesday 7.3 Mile Run
03/30/11 Wednesday 1 Hour Spin Class
2000 Meter Swim
03/31/11 Thursday 1600 Meter Swim
1 Hour Spin Class
04/1/11 Friday Rest
04/2/11 Saturday 14.4 Mile Run

No comments:

Post a Comment