Monday, October 3, 2011

Training Week In Review

It's been a recovery week and it was much needed. Although tri season is over, I signed up for my next race. I'm doing my first full marathon on October 30. I'll be spending more time running and less on the bike. I'll still get some swimming in during the week.

The 21 mile run was cut short due to some knee pain that may be IT Band related. I've been stretching it out over the last couple of days. It's feeling much better. I also picked up a new pair of running shoes today. Typically when my shoes become worn out, I'll experience some pain. My K-Swiss Blade Lights have 320 miles on them, so it was definitely time for a new pair. I searched several stores and no one really carries K-Swiss. I headed up to All3Sports and they carry K-Swiss but were out of my size in the Blade Lights. I ended getting the Blade Light Kwicky. I hope they're just as good or better than the Blade Lights. I'll know in a couple days when I go for my run.

Date Day Activity
09/26/11 Monday Rest
09/27/11 Tuesday Rest
09/28/11 Wednesday Cycle - Spin
Swim - 1000 Meters
09/29/11 Thursday Run - 7 Miles
09/30/11 Friday Rest
10/01/11 Saturday Run - 19 Miles
10/02/11 Sunday Rest

I'll get around to the race report this week as well. It's written up, but I haven't downloaded pictures that I took from that weekend. My race reports are a bit long, so I like breaking them up with some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment