Monday, October 24, 2011

Training Week in Review

Although technically I'm supposed to be tapering, I've increased some activities before my first marathon. I've cut my runs to only 2 days per week and distance has been decreased significantly. I got back into swimming 2 days per week and weight training. With just 2 weeks of lifting weights, I'm already feeling a bit stronger and can tell I'm toning up some areas that really needed to be toned up. I did my first ride since Augusta 70.3. It was a chilly morning of 40ยบ, but it was not a hard ride. I didn't even bother to take any nutrition, just water.

I've got 5 days before my marathon. I'll definitely take it easier this week. No weights (well, maybe just upper body). Some easy swim and easy spin. I'm going try and keep my legs fresh for Sunday.

Date Day Activity
10/17/11 Monday Swim - 2200 Yards
10/18/11 Tuesday Rest
10/19/11 Wednesday Cycle - Spin
Weights - Legs
10/20/11 Thursday Cycle - Spin
Weights - Upper Body
Swim - 800 Meters
10/21/11 Friday Rest
10/22/11 Saturday Bike - 1.5 hours
10/23/11 Sunday Run - 6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment