Monday, October 17, 2011

Training Week in Review

Been taking it easy since Augusta. No cycling only spin class. I've only been running 2 days a week. I've had some IT Band issues and have tried not to aggravate it any further. I ran 20 miles this week for my long run with the Atlanta Track Club Nike Pace Team. This covered about 80% of the Atlanta Marathon course. I felt pretty good and still had some knee pain due to the ITB issue, but I stretched at each water stop. I felt strong through out the majority of the run. It was on the last 2.5 miles that I started to slow down. Probably because that's where all the hills are. The pace leader mentioned that the last 6 miles are the toughest due to all the hills. I'll need to reevaluate my strategy for race day. I'm going to have to conserve some of my energy for those last 6 miles. I also haven't been taking in any nutrition on these long runs. I've only been drinking Gatorade. I'm going to need 3-4 gels if I'm going to have a good performance for my first full marathon.

Date Day Activity
10/03/11 Monday Rest
10/04/11 Tuesday Rest
10/05/11 Wednesday Cycle - Spin
Swim - 500 Meters
10/06/11 Thursday Run - 7 Miles
10/07/11 Friday Rest
10/08/11 Saturday Run -20 Miles
10/09/11 Sunday Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment