Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week #5

I didn't get my normal workout this week. I started a new job and it cut into my training time and I was also out of town for most of the week and had to take some time off for travel and packing. Oh well, sometimes life gets in the way. Fortunately, I was able to get in several great runs while I was down in Florida visiting my folks.

I did my first track workout in a very long time. With the success of my 5k, I'm happy to see my speed pick up during these intervals. I was also happy with my tempo run. I did 2 sets of 3 mile repeats with each mile getting progressively faster. Felt great, but I really tired out my legs for my long run. I had a relatively good pace for the 11 mile run, but I felt tired and actually got a blister on one of my toes. I really wanted to run 13, but cut it short because I was tired and it was the first time since Augusta that I had run in 80ยบ weather.
Date Day Activity
01/30/12 Monday Swim - 2600 yards
01/31/12 Tuesday Rest
02/01/12 Wednesday Rest
02/02/12 Thursday Track - 5x400 Intervals
02/03/12 Friday Run - 7.5 Miles Tempo
02/04/12 Saturday Run - 11 Miles
02/05/12 Sunday Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment