Monday, February 7, 2011

Training Week in Review

Another great training week.  I did take 2 rest days and I think it helped for my 11.5 mile trail race on Sunday (race report in the next post). Monday was my first time back in the pool with the group. Once again I started off pretty well, but by the end of the hour, my pace dropped and I was the last in my lane. I'm not going to let that bother me since I felt my form was good. Despited the rain on Tuesday night, I had a great run. According to the time and distance, I had an 8:30 average pace, which puts me back on track to my pre Thanksgiving Day half marathon pace. I'm getting stronger on the hills and that's going to help during the Publix Georgia Half Marathon. I got a 2nd & 3rd day of swimming and I focused on endurance and good form. You can see a sample of my workout here. I'm going to continue with this routine and try to increase the distance every week. Saturday was just a easy recovery day. I got on the trainer to loosen my legs for Sunday's trail race. The weight lose is continuing. I'm now under 150. I managed to get down to 148 for a couple days and settled on 149 by the end of the weekend. Since I had a post race breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then had a burger & a couple of beers while watching the Super Bowl, I'm fine with 149 pounds.

Date Day Activity
01/30/11 Sunday Rest
01/31/11 Monday 4.7 mile run
1400 meter swim
02/01/11 Tuesday 7.3 mile run
02/02/11 Wednesday 1 Hour Spin Class
1200 Meter Swim - Endurance
02/03/11 Thursday 1 hour Spin Class
1500 Meter Swim - Endurance
02/04/11 Friday Rest
02/05/11 Saturday 1 Hour Indoor Trainer
Resistance - upper body & core

No comments:

Post a Comment