Sunday, February 27, 2011

Training Week in Review

Made some significant strides this week. I did my first brick workout of the year and it felt pretty good. I'll need to continue doing bricks from this point forward especially on the longer rides. I was able to hold my own during swim practice. Fast pace on the swim and distance was increased. I showed up late for my group run Tuesday. I pulled into the parking lot as everyone started out on the run. I was able to catch up to  one of the groups and coach had us do intervals along the route. Really pushed hard and it helped me out during this weekend's 10k (race report to follow). Didn't do too well during spin class. We were supposed to get our heart rate up to Functional Threshold, but I was unable to raise it. I think it had to do with a combination of the run the day before and not being properly fueled up prior to spin class. There was no spin class on Thursday, so I decided to make it a long swim. I was exhausted at the end, but I was able to concentrate on my catch, pull, breathing and body mechanics. My goal for the swim is to feel comfortable during my half iron distance swim and be ready for a 56 mile bike ride. Friday was a day of rest before my 10k race on Saturday. Had the best race ever. I ran a 7:35 pace and finished 47:06. I was hoping for a 50 time and didn't even consider sub 50, or even sub 48 for that matter. Weight maintained at 148 and even dropped to 147 one day. We'll see if I can get to 147 and maintain it this following week. Great week!

Date Day Activity
02/20/11 Sunday 32 mile bike & 20 minute brick - Cartersville
02/21/11 Monday 2200 Meter Swim
02/22/11 Tuesday 7.3 mile run
02/23/11 Wednesday 1 Hour Spin Class
800 Meter Swim
02/24/11 Thursday 2700 Meter Swim - Endurance
02/25/11 Friday Rest
02/26/11 Saturday Race - Charles Harris 10k

No comments:

Post a Comment