Monday, August 15, 2011

Training Week in Review

This week I got off my training schedule a bit. Because I had a client photo shoot that I had to get ready for, I missed swimming on Monday night.  Instead, I went mountain biking with some friends and got a trail run in before the ride. I got some advice that I may be over training for a half ironman. Considering I rode 95 miles and I only need to ride 56 for my half ironman, I think he was right. I know I can ride the distance. I want to improve on my speed and riding longer doesn't really focus on speed only endurance. So I got some interval in during my 60 mile ride on Friday. However, that may have led to the heat issue at the end of the workout. I took Saturday off and rested and then got a 17 mile run in. For some reason 15 miles is when my feet start hurting and I start questioning if I want to do a full marathon. I also bailed on the OWS. My legs were tired and I would have not gotten the benefit of swimming on tired legs.
Date Day Activity
08/08/11 Monday Rest
08/09/11 Tuesday Trail Run - 5 Miles
Mountain Bike - 12 Miles
08/10/11 Wednesday Swim - 500 Meters
Spin - 1 hour
08/11/11 Thursday Rest
08/12/11 Friday Bike - 60 Miles
Run - 4 Miles
08/13/11 Saturday Rest
08/14/11 Sunday Run - 17 Miles

This coming week is a recovery/taper week. I time it out perfectly. I'm doing my first sprint race this year next week. Since this is the same race I did last year, I'll be able to evaluate my improvements. Hopefully there are improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment