Monday, August 29, 2011

Training Week in Review

Back to full training this week after a great PR at Peachtree City. I got busy on Monday and missed swim practice, but I made up for it the rest of the week. Thursday was a casual mountain bike ride with some of my team mates, but it was still quite a workout. The tacos and margarita post ride was a great recovery meal and a good way to hang out. Back on the bike Saturday. Felt really good, but had my quads starting to cramp 7 miles from finishing. I kept an easy gear and did some light spinning. I was supposed to do a 60 minute brick, but only managed to do 43 minutes. I pushed hard during the 1st 62 miles and I could feel it during the run. I need to remember to dial it back a bit during my half IM. I can't blow out my legs before starting the run. Sunday morning's run was not something I was looking forward to. My legs still hadn't recovered from the previous day. I wanted to get in as much as I could. I managed to get 16 miles in instead of 18. Although my legs were tired and sore, I started at a slow pace but was able to pick up the pace considerably during the last 3 miles. The faster turnover and longer strides helped to stretch the legs out and actually felt better. As tired as I felt, I still went to the open water swim. I didn't expect to do well. The water was cool and felt really good. I swam about 700 yards and kept it to a good comfortable pace. My form was good and I felt strong. My legs could've kicked stronger, but considering the workout I'd put them through the last 2 days, I'm very happy with how I moved through the water.

Date Day Activity
08/22/11 Monday Rest
08/23/11 Tuesday Run - 7 Miles
08/24/11 Wednesday Swim - 1000 Meters
Spin - 1 hour
08/25/11 Thursday Bike - Mountain Bike
08/26/11 Friday Rest
08/27/11 Saturday Bike - 84 Miles
08/28/11 Sunday Run - 16 Miles
Swim - 700 Yards OWS

No comments:

Post a Comment