Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Training Week in Review

This was a weird week. I bailed on swimming all week. Not once did I get in the pool. I guess I just didn't feel like it. I needed a break. The previous week was supposed to be a recovery week, but I don't think I scaled back enough to fully recover. Guess I moved it back a week. By Saturday I was back at full training. I did the bike training on my own and rode 80 miles. That's the furthest I've ever ridden. For the most part, it felt good. There were times when my energy level dropped, but I think that was in my head. I had sufficient nutrition and fluids. I finished with an average speed just under 18 mph, which is a huge improvement, especially over 80 miles. The ride on Saturday affected my run on Sunday. My legs were tired and I pushed through 14 miles. I guess the team social on Saturday night had some effect, not to mention several beers I had throughout the night. Still, I'm pleased that I didn't skip the run and when we regrouped at the finish, I still went out to finish my 14 miles. Weight has remained about the same. I think I've lost 1 pound.

Date Day Activity
07/25/11 Monday Rest
07/26/11 Tuesday Run - 7 Miles
07/27/11 Wednesday Rest
07/28/11 Thursday Run - 7 Miles
07/29/11 Friday Rest
07/30/11 Saturday Bike - 80 Miles
Run - 4 Miles - Brick
07/31/11 Sunday Run - 14 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment