Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week #1 - 2012

Start of the new year, start of a new training season. This year is going to be different as I've accepted a new job that will have me out of the country for most of the year. I have no idea how or what my training will be like. As of right now, I have accepted the fact that I will not be doing any triathlons in 2012. I'm actually a bit bummed about this. Our group is already discussing 2012 races, training plans and goals and I feel left out. So while I'm still in town, I'll be training for races as they come up before my departure.

I was successful in maintaining my off season weight during Thanksgiving & Christmas. Who knew that New Year's would prove to be the challenge to my weight. I put on an additional 4 pounds during that time period. I guess it's no surprise with the eating out and alcohol while I was away, I'd put on a little extra weight. So now it's time to get that under control again.

Here's this past weeks workout:
Date Day Activity
01/02/12 Monday Rest
01/03/12 Tuesday Run - 7 Miles
01/04/12 Wednesday Swim- 800 Meters
Cycle - Spin
Weights -
01/05/12 Thursday Hill Repeats
01/06/12 Friday Rest
01/07/12 Saturday Run - 13 Miles
01/08/12 Sunday Rest

I've been able to drop 2 pounds during this week. Feels like it should be more. I did eat out 3 nights this week. I always find it more difficult to lose weight when I eat out than when I eat at home.

My next race is Hogpen Hill Climb 17k. It's a straight uphill run and from what I've heard quite challenging. I'm told to expect my finish time to coincide with my half marathon time. Two weeks away, so I've got some hill training to do before then.

During the break, I also took a Good Form Running clinic from Big Peach Running Co. I'll do a separate and more in-depth post from what I learned. I can tell you that there has been some improvement in speed as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment