Monday, January 23, 2012

Week #3

Decent workout this week considering that city pools were closed on Monday for MLK day and I was resting up or Saturday's race.

I'm glad I managed to get some weights in on Tuesday with a treadmill run and swim. I wanted to swim some more on Wednesday, but the water temp was on the cold side on Tuesday and I heard varying accounts of the heater being broken to being shut down due to the MLK holiday.

Turns out Saturday's race was an 18k and not 17. This was my first year doing this race and they had moved the start location and that added an additional mile. Had it been a 17k, I would have beaten my race goal. Overall I'm happy with my performance, despite walking a significant portion between mile 7 & 10. I'll save details for the race report.

Date Day Activity
01/16/12 Monday Rest - Holiday (Pool Closed)
01/17/12 Tuesday Run - 3 miles treadmill
Weights - Lower Body & Core
Swim - 1000 meters
01/18/12 Wednesday Cycle - Spin
Weights - Upper Boddy
01/19/12 Thursday Rest
01/20/12 Friday Rest
01/21/12 Saturday Race - Hogpen Hill Climb 1718k !
01/22/12 Sunday Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment