Thursday, January 19, 2012

Week #2

Looks like I'm back into the full swing of training. Didn't realize until I logged all my workouts this week that I didn't take a day off. So that makes me feel pretty good. Great way to start off the year and not feel rundown or tired. With that said, I've been pushing some of my runs and I notice that when I do, my right calf muscle gets tight. I'm not sure why, but I'm a little concerned that if I keep this up, that it could turn into an injury.

Date Day Activity
01/09/12 Monday Swim - 2200 yards
01/10/12 Tuesday Run - 7 Miles
01/11/12 Wednesday Cycle - Spin
Weights
Swim - 800 meters
01/12/12 Thursday Hill Repeats - 8x
01/13/12 Friday Strength Training - Core & Upper body
01/14/12 Saturday Run - 12 Miles
01/15/12 Sunday Bike - 30 Miles

BTW, I'm still not sure about the job situation. I accepted the job about a month ago and I still don't have a contract in hand. At this point it's kind of a 50/50 situation and a bit nerve racking with the uncertainty. So I've been looking at alternative plans and the training is helping me deal with the stress and keeping my mind off of things. Anyway, Hogpen Hill Climb is next week and that's where my focus needs to be. I haven't really been nervous about a race in a long time, but this one does. We're also planning on riding Hogpen the next day and it's one of the toughest climbs in GA. Needless to say, I'm going to get in one hell of a workout next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment