Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Week #7

Not much of a training week. It's been difficult to get in as much training as I used to. Having started a new job recently, I'm still trying to figure out a schedule that will provide me with some time for training.

This week I had to get ready for my trip to Mexico. I had to pick up rental gear for the wedding I was shooting in Mexico and pack what I needed for the trip. I traveled on Friday, so no training on that day. Luckily I was able to get up early on Saturday & Sunday to get a run in.

I ventured out on my own on Saturday and mapped out a 6 mile course. We were staying at an all inclusive resort off the main highway in what may have been a natural preserve. I was told that gators were known for being on the road. As I ran I made sure to scan the sides of the road just to make sure I wasn't going to be food for some reptile.  Sunday was a group run. We gather 6 of our friends for a run. Neither day was what I would call a good run. Even though we started at 7:30 in the morning, it was already hot and humid. We got a little shade going out, but it was all gone on the way back. This winter has been mild in Atlanta, but I am not conditioned to be running in the heat & humidity and I felt it on both days.

Date Day Activity
02/13/12 Monday Rest
02/14/12 Tuesday Rest
02/15/12 Wednesday Rest
02/16/12 Thursday Rest
02/17/12 Friday Rest
02/18/12 Saturday Run - 6 Miles
02/19/12 Sunday Run - 6 Miles

The wedding was great and I had a really good time. I wish I had stayed a couple extra days to soak in the  sun and even get a swim in. The food was pretty good and there was plenty of it. I was good and made sure I had plenty of fruit & veggies and I never over indulged. I was able to maintain my weight when it could have been easy to put on a few pounds with all the free food and booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment