Monday, June 6, 2011

Training Week in Review

Training this week has been sporadic, but I'm getting it in. Since I put in some serious workouts in on the weekend, I used the holiday Monday to rest and get some stuff done around the house. Got back into swimming on Wednesday nights before spin class. Pool is setup for 50 meters and I'm going to have to get used to that (no more breaks at 25 meters). Finally got to ride Thursday night. Buckhead Bellyache is a tough ride especially when the temp gets to 95ยบ F.  As tough as this ride is, it did not feel as difficult as it did when I rode it last year. That means I'm getting stronger. It'll never get easier because I'll keep pushing the pace. Besides, I'm starting to like riding hills. We are now swimming Friday nights outdoors in a 50 meter pool. It's a shallow pool and it's warm. Coach setup buoys similar to a triathlon race course and we would simulate race conditions swimming in a group, practicing sighting and even drafting. Great workout. No workout on Saturday. I volunteered down at the Macon race and then took photos of those racing in the club. Bike ride on Sunday and I didn't expect too much of a workout considering I was still dehydrated from the previous day and had lost some sleep with early morning wake up calls. So I was surprised that I was averaging about 19 mph over the 48 mile ride. It's the fastest I've ever ridden up in Cartersville (normally a 17 mph pace). I even got to ride with the Red Group (fast training group) for most of the ride. Looks like I'm getting stronger and that motivates me to keep pushing and keep improving.

Date Day Activity
05/30/11 Monday Holiday - No workouts
05/31/11 Tuesday Run - 7 Miles
06/01/11 Wednesday Swim - 1000 Meters
Spin Class - 1 Hour
06/02/11 Thursday Bike - 24 Miles
06/03/11 Friday Swim - 2200 Meters
06/04/11 Saturday Macon HIM- Volunteer
06/05/11 Sunday Bike - 48 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment