Monday, June 20, 2011

Training Week in Review

Just a regular training week. Did an LT test on the spin bike and although I felt stronger, I arrived late and it took me about 20 minutes to warm up and my HR was lower than it should have been and affected my overall average. I rode with a faster group on the Thursday night ride and as I track my average speed, it's getting faster. Brick after the ride felt good (except for the hill). I had a good pace getting of the bike.

Rode the Jackson County Brevet on Saturday. I got a total of 66 miles and average 18.1 mph. Up until mile 50, I was averaging about 19 mph. The last 10-15 miles were uphill. Just a gradual climb over several miles and it decreased my average. Overall I'm happy with my ride. I rode it at a HIM pace and made my SAG stops short (last one was a little long mile 50). I practiced my race nutrition and I think it worked well. I probably could have used more calories in the bottle. I supplemented with 1/2 PBJ and some Oreo cookies. Compared to last years ride, I've made some significant improvements. Last year I rode a 15 mph pace and cramped at mile 55 and struggled during the last 5 miles. It wasn't easier this year, just faster and mentally had to push those last 10 miles.

Date Day Activity
06/13/11 Monday Swim - 2600 Meters
06/14/11 Tuesday Run - 7 Miles
06/15/11 Wednesday Spin Class - LT Test
06/16/11 Thursday Bike - 24 Miles
Run - 2.6 Miles Brick
06/17/11 Friday Recovery
06/18/11 Saturday Bike - 66 Miles
06/19/11 Sunday Run - 11 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment