Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Training Week in Review

Average week of training this week. Only difference was an added day of mountain biking. It was a great ride as I rode with one of my bike coaches. Did my best to push the pace and then keep up. Got a great workout in as well as a scraped knee when I wiped out. I rode 52 miles on Sunday and I approached it as a HIM  bike leg.  There were only 3 short breaks as our small group regrouped at an intersection and checked for directions, since this was a new route. I maintained a 17.3 mph average pace, nothing like my 19 mph the previous week and this was an easier ride. Having biked Thursday & Friday had to have had an effect on my performance on Sunday. Overall it was a good ride at a steady pace. It also gave me an opportunity to evaluate my nutrition plan. I upped the calories, but had some small stomach cramps. I think it had more to do with lack of hydration and not being able to digest that amount of calories (326 calories /hour). I've done as low as 200 cal/hour and as much as 326 cal/hour with very little difference in how I felt. I think 250-270 cal/hour is probably where I need to be. I'll try again this weekend on my 60 mile ride with several stops for water. As I look back at the week, I didn't get a recovery day in. This probably explains why my Sunday ride did not match up to the previous week.

Date Day Activity
06/06/11 Monday Swim - 2600 Meters
06/07/11 Tuesday Run - 7 Miles
06/08/11 Wednesday Swim - 1500 Meters
Spin Class - 1 Hour
06/09/11 Thursday Bike - 24 Miles
06/10/11 Friday Bike - Mountain Bike 16 Miles
06/11/11 Saturday Run - 9.6 Miles
06/12/11 Sunday Bike - 52 Miles
Run - 25 Minute Brick

No comments:

Post a Comment