Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cabin Fever Training

I knew we were going to get snow and I got my run in on Sunday before it started. I don't think anyone realized that it would mean 3 days of being stuck indoors. It's not a blizzard, we only got about 4 inches of snow. However, this part of the country is not prepared for this kind of weather, which means roads don't get cleared. Of course it warms up a bit during the day, but only enough to turn the snow into ice when the temps drop again at night. First day wasn't bad, but by the evening, roads started icing over and our group swim got cancelled. Day two was bad in the morning and it will ice up again tonight, so tonight's group run got cancelled. Hoping enough of this melts so that I can make spin class tomorrow night. In the mean time, my training has been at home on the bike trainer.

It also gave me the opportunity to search for some new ways to train and in this case some stretching exercises that I'm going to incorporate into my normal routine. Check out the videos after the jump.


These stretching exercises will improve your stride length and reduce injury.



I'll post more videos when I find more on training techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment