Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cold Weather Running

There was a group training run this morning and since I knew it was going to be cold, I slept in. I was still motivated enough to want to run, even if it warmed up just a little bit. Apparently it was 19º at 8am. I headed out around 11am and the temps had risen to 29º.

I was bundled up in 4 layers and it took me about 1.5 miles to start warming up. It wasn't too bad until the wind kicked up or when running by a busy traffic area and the cars whizzed by. Once again, I need a wind barrier layer and something that breathes. Even when I got home, the layers that were wet were cold and I had to get out of them quickly.

I noticed when I did my training week in review that I only got 1 run in last week. Although I've been training regularly, I've been slacking on the run. I signed up for a half marathon in March and I know I can do the distance. I don't want to be slower than my previous time. It's the start of a new week and I'm going to try and get a couple more runs in this week despite the cold and snow predicted in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment