Sunday, January 23, 2011

Training Week in Review

What a great week! The snow is finally all gone. We had moved our long run to Sunday due to icy road conditions. We thought that by Sunday the trail would be clear. We got there and the parking lot was still iced over and the path was worse. So the long run got cancelled and I went home and did resistance training. The rest of the week was awesome. I got 3 days of double workouts and it was nice to get back in the pool. I concentrated on form and technique in the pool and not on speed. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting the proper form again, but will need to work on this regularly so I can maintain it when I jump back into speed work. I've also been focusing on getting enough protein after strenuous workouts like my Tuesday night run. Normally after running hills my calves are sore and I need to use compression sleeves to help with the soreness. Not this time. I ate a Cliff Bar 10 grams of protein before my run and then drank a bottle of Mix1 which contains 15 grams of protein. Studies say you need 20-40 grams of protein to aid in recovery. I got 25 grams worth and then some more with dinner. Legs felt good enough to get a spin workout the following day. Got my weight back down to 151.

Date Day Activity
01/16/11 Sunday Resistance - Upper body & core
01/17/11 Monday 1 hour Cycling - Indoor Trainer
01/18/11 Tuesday 1 hour Cycling - Indoor Trainer
7.3 mile Group Run
01/19/11 Wednesday 1 Hour Spin Class
800 Meter Swim - Drills
Resistance - upper body & core
01/20/11 Thursday 1 hour Spin Class
1000 Meter Swim - Drills
01/21/11 Friday 6.35 mile run
01/22/11 Saturday Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment