Friday, January 28, 2011

New Shoes!

Getting a new pair of running shoes always gets me pumped to get back into running. This is my 3rd pair of K-Swiss shoes and they've all been different models. I decided to go with K-Swiss because they make triathlon specific shoes and are a major supporter of this sport and professional triathletes. Call me a sucker, but I bought into the marketing. Fortunately, I've had really good experience with their shoes. Recently, I've been having a little bit of pain in my left hip. I had it in my right hip for a short time and now my left. I'm not sure why, but I think it has to do with my form.

I was running in the K-Swiss Keahou II and really liked them. Unlike my previous shoes, they have a wide toe box and I think it's making my left foot roll outward. Keep in mind that I've run just over 300 miles in them and didn't have this pain when I ran in them until about 200 miles in. I also use the K-Swiss K-Ona as my race day shoe because they are incredibly light, very breathable, have drainage holes, dry quickly and can be worn without socks for quick transitions.

These new K-Swiss Blade Lights fit a bit more snug and I think will prevent my foot from rolling outward. They are as light as the K-Ona (9 oz) and provide the same benefits as I already mentioned. The only drawback is that pebbles will embed themselves between the bladed sole easily. In the winter, expect toes to get cold. As breathable as they are, they also let the cold air in.

I did a quick 4.7 mile run yesterday and they felt really good. My pace is back up and my cadence is between 90-95, right where it needs to be. Only time will tell if these will end up being my favorite running shoe, but so far, I like them. I should know more after tomorrow's 11 mile run. Hopefully my hip will also start to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment